Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello All,

It's Amy. There are no pics on here so I've decided I'll post some up. Sunday the 28th of December, my parents were going to see Grandpa and I wanted to see him too, I've wanted to see him while he's feeling well so I can have some good memories of him. So Dave and I decided to go with my parents. We got engaged the Monday before Christmas (see my blog for more details, if you'd like) and Grandpa hadn't seen the ring or heard about it so we went to tell him. We got there at dinner time, so after he was done eating we went over to the couch to sit down and chat with Gramps. As we got talking about things Grandpa said something about Dave borrowing me for a little while, Dave said "well Grandpa that's what we came her to talk to you about, I was wondering if I could borrow her for a little longer than that." I then said "Grandpa, Dave asked my dad if he could have my hand in marriage and he said yes, so we're engaged now." Grandpa did the funniest thing ever he raised his hand up to his head, kinda like this but with a smile on his face, (it's not a very good pic) for about a minute. It was so funny.
So then I showed him the ring and we talked a little more, he seemed pretty excited for us.

No comments: